Whether you’re gearing up for a backcountry trek, preparing for the worst that nature or man can offer, or just want to have a great resource at your fingertips, you need this comprehensive, full-color new edition of the U.S. Army Survival Manual, thoroughly revised by Colonel Peter T. Underwood, USMC (Ret.). Ideal for military personnel, outdoors enthusiasts, and anyone who wants to be ready for anything, this is a thorough road map for all areas of wilderness survival, including:
• Erecting shelters and protecting yourself from the elements
• Making weapons and utensils
• Fashioning traps for wildlife wrangling
• Preparing food from wild plants
• Identifying poisonous snakes and lizards, edible mushrooms, and cloud formations
From basic first aid to in-depth, step-by-step instructions on overcoming major obstacles and handling emergencies, this guide clarifies all aspects of survival using tactics derived from those whose lives depend on it.