Learning sign language can be a fun experience and help you communicate with more people in the deaf and hard of hearing community. It can also lead you down many different paths.
With this ebook series, you’ll discover:
- How to be polite around deaf people
- How to get deaf people’s attention properly (there’s a right way and wrong way!)
- What to do if an interpreter for the deaf is present
- How to help the deaf and hard of hearing to read your lips
- How to talk to deaf and hard of hearing people in a quiet room verses in a crowded room
- Using a tele-typewriter (TTY) or telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) [same thing, different name] as the equivalent of a voice phone.
- How to learn ASL quickly (via correct socializing)
- Be able to contact organizations for the deaf
- How to use eye contact, facial expressions, body language, mouth movements, hand movements and natural gestures appropriately.
- Understanding the four basic parts of ASL signing
- Learn the ASL alphabet
- Learn the ASL numbers (up to 100)
- Learn the question signs: who, what, when, where, when, & how