• Starts at an introductory level
• Project based tutorials design an office building from start to finish
Commercial Design Using Autodesk Revit 2023 is designed for the architectural student using Revit 2023. The intent is to provide you with a well-rounded knowledge of tools and techniques for use in both school and industry. This text takes a project based approach to learning Revit's architectural tools in which you develop a three story office building. General building codes and industry standard conventions are covered in a way that is applicable to the current exercise.
The first two chapters are intended to get you familiar with the user interface and many of the common menus and tools of Revit 2023. A small office is created in chapter two to show you just how easy it is to get started using Autodesk Revit. By the end of chapter two you will be excited and prepared to take on a much larger project.
Throughout the rest of the book you develop a three story office building. The drawings start with the floor plans and develop all the way to photo-realistic renderings like the one on the cover of this book. In these chapters many of the architectural tools and features of Revit 2023 are covered in greater detail.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started with Autodesk Revit 2023
2. Quick Start: Small Office
3. Floor Plan (First Floor)
4. Floor Plans (Second & Third Floors)
5. Vertical Circulation
7. Floor Systems & Reflected Ceiling Plans
8. Interior & Exterior Elevations
10. Sections & Details
11. Interior Design
13. Site and Rendering
14. Construction Documents Set
15. Introduction to Revit Content Creation
16. Introduction to Phasing and Worksharing
Appendix A - Autodesk Revit Architecture Certification Exam