A unique book helping parents whose relationship with their older or adult child has not turned out as they expected deal with their pain, shame, and sense of loss, and take steps toward healing.
This unique book supports parents who have lost the opportunity to be the parent they desperately wanted to be and who are mourning the loss of a harmonious relationship with their child. Through case examples and healing exercises, Dr. Coleman helps parents:
• Reduce anger, guilt, and shame
• Learn how temperament, the teen years, their own or a partner’s mistakes, and divorce can harm the parent-child bond
• Come to terms with their imperfections and their child’s
• Develop strategies for reaching out and for maintaining their self-esteem through trying times
• Understand how society’s expectations contribute to the risk of parental wounds.
By helping parents recognize what they can do and let go of what they cannot, Dr. Coleman helps families develop more positive ways of relating to themselves and each other.