Home to ancient temples, world-class museums and an exhilarating cultural scene, Greece's dynamic and vibrant capital brings together the best of ancient and contemporary Greece.
Make the most of your trip to this exhilarating city with DK Eyewitness Top 10 Athens. Planning is a breeze with our simple lists of ten, covering the very best that Athens has to offer and ensuring that you don't miss a thing. Best of all, the pocket-friendly format is light and easily portable; the perfect companion while out and about. DK Eyewitness Top 10 Athens is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Top 10 Athens you will find:
- Detailed Top 10 lists of Athens' must-sees including the Acropolis, the National Archaeological Museum, the Museum of Cycladic Art and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- Easy-to-follow itineraries including ideas for day trips, weekends and a week's worth of plans to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations on Athen's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, eating out and sightseeing, with top tips on getting ready, getting around and staying safe
- Themed lists including the best city strolls, nearby islands, museums, local dishes and much more
- Covers: Athens Highlights, Acropolis, The Agora, National Archaeological Museum, Museum of Cycladic Art, Roman Forum and Tower of the Winds, Benaki Museum, Kerameikos, Byzantine and Christian Museum, Philopappos Hill, - - Temple of Olympian Zeus, Moments in History, Moments in the History of Theatre and Music Archaeological Sites, Churches, Museums, Philosophers and Writers, Athenian Legends, Greek Inventions Artistic Styles, City Strolls, Off the Beaten Track, Greek Dishes, Restaurants, Places to Shop, Athens for Free, Festivals and Events,Plaka, Makrygianni and Koukaki, Monastiraki, Psyrri, Gazi and Thisio, Omonia and Exàrhia, Syndagma and Kolonaki, Piraeus, North to Delphi, Into the Peloponnese, Around the Attica Coast
- Detailed maps including a laminated pull-out map of Athens, plus eight full-color area maps
Looking for more on Greece's culture, history and attractions? Don't forget to check out DK Eyewitness Greece: Athens and the Mainland. Island hopping? Try our DK Eyewitness Greek Islands.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travelers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.