Thinking about adding on? Renovating? New kitchen? Dormer? Peek behind the curtain of the construction industry. If you're a landlord, house flipper, or property manager, this book is even more valuable.
The six chapters here are a few select excerpts from the book "Contractor Heaven" which focus on mainly larger projects. The full book offers more detailed help with under-three-day projects as well as large, and also contains a section with dozens of free or low cost design features to ask for during the work, enhancing your daily enjoyment forever.
1. Why Asking for 30% off—and Getting It—Means You’re Still Being Overcharged
2. Five Little-Known Truths about Contractors
3. Renovate, Add On, or Move?
4. Being Your Own General Contractor
5. The Building Inspector
6. Buying Components Yourself
When hiring contractors, be brave, have self-confidence and wear the cloak of your authority. Don't waste your time reading about projects gone into the ditch; learn how to keep yours on the road.